You know those concoctions you create with the leftover ingredients in the fridge? Tonight’s dinner was one of those, and it turned out fabulous. 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cook the quinoa as directed
3. Cut a medium-sized zucchini lengthwise and scoop out seeds to make zucchini boats
4. Spoon cooked quinoa into zucchini boats
5. Cook for 20 minutes
6. Top boats with grated parmesan cheese and bake for another two minutes or so 🙂
Quinoa is high in protein and includes all eight essential amino acids necessary for optimal nutrition. It’s also high in iron and calcium, and is a good source of manganese, magnesium and copper, as well as fiber.