Today, I presented at Wright State University for National Nutrition Month. 🙂
Topic: Make it Fast, Keep it Healthy
Here is the PowerPoint Presentation from today.
Choose My Plate is an informative website with a lot of great resources.
Quick Take Away Messages:
- Plan ahead!
- Wash & cut fruits and veggies before the week begins
- Research new recipes and grocery shop for ingredients-Make food fun!
- Pack breakfast/lunch/or dinner the night before
- Pre-package nuts into single serving bags
- Research fast food/sit down restaurant’s nutrition prior to visiting
- Make 1/2 of plate fruits and veggies
- Make sure grains are whole grains
- Low-fat dairy is key with weight loss and getting key nutrients
- Healthy nuts and oils help increase satiety
- 20-35% or calories should come from protein