After browsing through my collection of recipes I have yet to try… I stumbled upon Cooking Light’s July 2011 recipe for shredded chicken tacos. Thought it could livin’ up my lunch menu 🙂
Recipe makes 8 tacos
- Shucked corn ( I used a 4 oz can of corn)
- 1 (12-ounce) package baby heirloom tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas ( I used La Tortilla Factory high fiber tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 peeled avocado, cut into 16 slices
- 8 lime wedges
- Olive oil (optional; I used to brown the tortillas in the skillet)
- Sour Cream (reduced fat) (optional; I used 1/2 Tablespoon per taco as topping)
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. I warmed tortillas with one tablespoon of olive oil in skillet to give that grilled feeling… yum.
- Divide chicken evenly among tortillas
- Top each taco with 1/4 cup corn, tomatoes, sour cream and 2 avocado slices.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
La Tortilla’s Nutrition Facts Labels